RISING LEADERS FELLOWSHIP > PROGRAMME
WHAT IS THE RISING LEADERS FELLOWSHIP?
The Aspen Institute UK is hosting a bold new programme: the Rising Leaders Fellowship. This Fellowship empowers some of the UK’s finest high potential leaders to operate effectively in a world that is becoming increasingly diverse and polarised. You will be part of a community where people understand, respect, and celebrate differences, and learn from each other.
Aspen UK is the latest in a global network of Aspen Institutes, for which over 70 years have inspired and empowered leaders around the world. Today, the Aspen Institute is recognised as one of the most influential leadership institutes in the world, running more than fifty programmes in the fields of public policy and leadership. Aspen UK’s Rising Leaders Fellowship Programme will build on this tradition of holding constructive dialogues to support and inspire the next generation of leaders, helping to transform themselves and their society.
How often do you question your own beliefs, values and behaviours? How frequently do you engage with people from different backgrounds and viewpoints? This is a unique opportunity to join an advanced leadership training programme that focuses on understanding diverse leadership styles, reconciling differences, and specialising in diversity. Our fellowship helps rising leaders to reflect on their personal beliefs, values and leadership style when confronted with those different to themselves. We will help you find common ground and explore differences in a structured, inclusive and comfortable environment. We will encourage participants to challenge, to debate and to foster long-term collaborative relationships.
The programme starts with a two-day virtual seminar, using the globally renowned Aspen Institute seminar model. Participants are given carefully selected readings in advance, which serve as a foundation for discussions on leadership, and potentially sensitive or polarising issues. You will then remain actively connected to your cohort and the broader Aspen UK alumni community, peer mentoring each other, and have access to a continuing programme of activities, including issues-led webinars and seminars.
“Aspen showed me that who I am and what I can achieve is not limited by my gender, age or background. My determination and passion for impact are all that matter, and give me a voice with any leader in the country. Aspen UK helped me find that voice.”
Why should I join the RISING leaders fellowship?
Benefits of participating in the Rising Leaders Fellowship programme include:
- Becoming a Fellow of the Aspen Institute’s Rising Leaders programme
- Gaining and improving critical leadership skills for personal and professional development
- The opportunity to learn from a diverse range of other exceptional young leaders
- Membership of a growing and powerful Aspen UK leadership network, with alumni from other seminar programmes.
- Participating in a leadership seminar, based on the well-established Aspen method of using carefully selected texts and resources to explore topics around leadership
- Access to a monthly programme of activities, with high level speakers, and the chance to shape and influence the Fellowship Programme as it grows and develops
- Joining a peer mentoring scheme
- Networking opportunities with 250 new rising leaders a year within the Aspen UK Fellowship, collaborating across sectors and geographies
- Invitation to an in-person, annual Aspen UK alumni reception
- Access to a monthly newsletter for Aspen UK alumni
- Access to other Aspen UK events, including partnership events, with key experts on topics concerning UK society
The Fellowship is fully funded by some funding partners (including the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and Reid Hoffman’s Aphorism Foundation) and therefore there will be no fees for the participants to pay.
UPCOMING SEMINAR DATES
Participants start the Fellowship by joining a virtual Rising Leaders seminar – these take place throughout the year and you can select the date that is most suitable for you. The Fellowship is competitive, and Aspen UK will not be able to welcome all applicants. If chosen for the Fellowship, we may not always be able to assign your first choice of seminar, as we will curate each cohort to make sure there is real diversity of participants. The upcoming seminar dates are listed below.
Thursday 7 and Friday 8 September 2023 (0900 – 1700)
Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 October 2023 (0900 – 1700)
Thursday 9 and Friday 10 November 2023 (0900 – 1700)
Friday 12 and Saturday 13 January 2024 (0900 – 1700)
Monday 5, Tuesday 6, Wednesday 7, Thursday 8 February 2024 (evenings – 1730 – 2030)
Thursday 7 and Friday 8 March 2024 (0900 – 1700)
Monday 29 April, Tuesday 30 April, Wednesday 1 May, Thursday 2 May (evenings – 1730 – 2030)
*September & October are now full*