Aspen UK is a charity that supports and inspires people to build a better society.
Aspen UK is a charity that supports and inspires people to build a better society. We are creating a community of leaders who are more aware of their own values, more tolerant of others’ perspectives, and more inspired to drive positive change. We believe that better dialogue is key to repairing political, social and cultural divisions. We bring together a wide range of people through our programmes and events to learn from each other and to find meaningful solutions to critical issues.
Our vision is for a more open and inclusive society in the United Kingdom.
Aspen UK is part of a global network of Aspen Institutes, which for over 70 years have inspired and empowered leaders around the world. We are creating one of the largest networks in the UK of leaders from different sectors, backgrounds, and viewpoints, who value different experiences and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
Our areas of expertise:
• Leadership – supporting and developing values-based leadership
• Exchanging ideas – providing an open forum for respectful dialogue
• Networks – building networks of people with diverse perspectives
• Diversity – bringing together leaders from different geographies, communities, socio-economic backgrounds and sectors to help bridge the divisions in the UK
• Engagement – encourage inclusive, nonpartisan participation across the UK
“The Aspen seminar didn’t only help me to revisit and rethink the values shaping my environment, but it also provided a space for an inspiring and fun exchange of ideas.”
Health in conflicts specialist and Academy Fellow at Chatham House
ASPEN UK STAFF
“Leaders are increasingly confronted with moral dilemmas not technocratic problems. These seminars address head on these moral questions, providing structured space for reflection, and help individuals to understand their own moral compass. It’s a life changing experience.”
Sir Stuart Etherington
Chief Executive, The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)