RISING LEADERS FELLOWSHIP > HOW IT WORKS
Participants start their Fellowship by attending a virtual seminar with a broad range of other leaders. They are challenged to consider contrasting viewpoints on sometimes difficult and potentially polarising subjects, led by expert moderators who guide the discussions. The participants use carefully selected texts and resources as a starting point for these discussions. This rich mosaic of materials and viewpoints stretch the participants’ understanding on key leadership challenges and topics.
See the seminars section below for more information.
Rising Leaders remain actively connected to the cohort of Fellows through a number of ongoing development and networking programmes. These include:
- Monthly events featuring key speakers on diverse leadership topics and skills workshops
- Peer Groups designed to foster new connections and learn from the leadership experiences of others.
- Industry Networking Groups, linking with other Fellows in allied sectors
- The Aspen UK Annual Meeting, where all Aspen alumni come together in-person (this year’s Annual Meeting was held at the US Embassy in London)
- Opportunities to apply for international events and seminars, including at other Aspen Institutes around the world
The Fellowship starts with a two day virtual seminar. There are 10 seminar dates a year, so you can choose what works best for you when you apply. Each seminar has a maximum of 25 participants. The seminars are led by expert moderators who guide each group through the programme.
Fellowship seminars are held exclusively online. The sessions involve two full days (or four evenings) of professionally moderated discussions with online group work, self-reflection and shared ‘leisure time’.
Prior to the seminar, each participant receives an anthology of carefully selected readings, and other resources that are used throughout the seminar.
Participants are given access to an exclusive Rising Leaders Fellowship Hub, which helps them to stay connected to the network.
Participants must complete a virtual seminar in full to be confirmed as an Aspen UK Rising Leader. Seminars take part throughout the year and, you can select the date that is most suitable for you.
The Fellowship is competitive, and Aspen UK will not be able to welcome all applicants.
Please note, if selected, we may not always be able to assign your first choice of seminar, as we will curate each cohort.
We are pleased to offer a range of seminar date options, including during the day, over evenings and some that take place on weekend days to offer maximum flexibility to participants.
The upcoming seminar dates are listed below:
Two full days (0900–1700)
- March 2024: Thursday 7 and Friday 8*
- June 2024: Thursday 6 and Friday 7
- July 2024: Thursday 4 and Friday 5
- September 2024: Saturday 7 and Sunday 8
*March is now full
Four evenings (1730 – 2030)
- April/ May 2024: Monday 29, Tuesday 30, Wednesday 1, Thursday 2
Further dates to be announced shortly.