RISING LEADERS FELLOWSHIP > HOW TO APPLY
Who Can Join?
To join the Aspen Rising Leaders Fellowship you must be:
- aged between 21 and 35*, and based in the UK
- recognised as a leader or prospective leader in your professional life, or in your community
- be fluent in English
- The Aspen Institute UK is committed that its Rising Leaders come from a wide range of backgrounds, communities, geographies and affiliations.
* Please note you must be no older than 34 and 6 months when you apply
To apply for the Fellowship you must demonstrate you have at least two of the following:
- a leadership position at work or in your community
- are working on/have delivered an innovative or impactful project
- are leading a team of people
- proof of a dedication or passion for a particular cause
To apply for the Fellowship your outlook should demonstrate that you:
- have an interest in effecting change in your organisation/community
- have a desire to learn from people with different views and life experience
- have a willingness to engage respectfully with people from different professions and areas of society, in conversations on challenging and polarising topics
How do I apply?
The Rising Leaders Fellowship develops a range of leadership attributes, including the ability to understand and appreciate the power of diverse viewpoints, experiences and backgrounds and a willingness to engage with views and ideas that don’t always align to your own.
To be considered for a place on the programme, potential Rising Leaders must demonstrate a willingness to embrace the Fellowship’s aims and vision. The application process ensures that people from diverse backgrounds, viewpoints and beliefs have equal opportunities to join the programme. Each cohort is carefully constructed to reflect this.
Getting nominated for the Fellowship
If you are interested in joining the Fellowship, you must first be nominated by someone who knows you well. They should be able speak candidly and objectively about your background and experience. Please use our nomination form via the button below.
*If you are struggling to find someone who can provide a nomination to support your application, please contact the Aspen UK team at [email protected]. We will be happy to provide some guidance and support for your application.
When a nomination has been processed, candidates will be sent an application form to complete. All applications undergo a rigorous review process by the Aspen UK Admissions Panel. We try to let you know the decision within 6 weeks but please note due to the high volume of applicants we are unable to provide individual feedback.
If you are accepted on the programme, you will be asked to complete a brief registration form.